*WINNER* Flasher's Ad Inspiration Challenge

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

rkokes
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 152

Re: Flasher's Ad Inspiration Challenge

Post by rkokes »

I did one photo, with the title on the photo, and used blue, orange, and red as my main colors.  I also wrote my journaling below the photo and took inspiration from the "have it your way" slogan.
Image  Image  Image  Image Image
Sharman Paulus .
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 1143

Post by Sharman Paulus . »

Inspired by the colors and the happy smile on the Kool-Aid pitcher!Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

aheatfan wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:35 pm
Woooo... this stumped me, thought about it and nothing. Then poof just came to me.  I was born in 1965 so this was my ad:

My inspirations were the grid paper, big circles and little stenciled circlesfor both ends of the phone, and pastel colors in a row like the phones. This was so much fun once it came to me.  

Thanks for this awesome challenge  😊

This is great!  I love the colors!  Your use of the ad is great!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Breauxlabs wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:18 am
I was born in 70 …

For inspiration I used an oval (the jar I decorated), pop of orange on photo and white letter title.

I love the colors and little details on this layout!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

GerriW wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:42 am
I'm a 60's baby - so I used a grid background and tried to replicate the phone receivers by blending ink in similar colors - the inked columns don't really do much for the layout - but hey another story documented. 

ImageImage

This is a great interpretation of the ad!  Nice layout!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

CelFeaBlissBre wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:46 pm
I am  70's baby so I went with color those avocado, oranges and Dark reds and browns were all the rage back then. 
I really like that row of tags!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 pm
I had the 1970s Burger King ad and used the colors - primary colors and black & white - as my inspiration. I also used Stacy's Early Bird tag on here :)

That time that Aisling was on Google Maps as she came off the school bus and saw the google car!

ImageImage

This layout is fun!  I love your design!  What a memory!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

MaganL wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:11 pm

I had the 1980s Malibu liquor ad. I was inspired by the red and green striped beach chair as well as the fact it is a drink and. My favorite drink is coffee. 
How awesome that you seamlessly transitioned from a beach ad to a winter ad!  Love your patterns and design!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:41 pm
I WAS INSPIRED BY THE YELLOW AND PINK PHONES............... MY DECADE WAS THE 1960'S................... VALERIE

This is a cute card!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

blfonty wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:01 pm
1950's Kool-Aid Ad: Inspired by colors of yellow, orange, green, see-through pitcher (used Vellum PP for background and sheer ribbon on tag), added oval die cut behind turkey, with word stickers, quote and date at bottom. Turkey dinner was carryout from local BBQ restaurant including all the fixins' and dessert!

You did a fabulous job with the ad!  I love how you not only drew from the colors, but you had on your crafty thinking cap and actually found a way to incorporate the pitcher!  Great layout!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:35 am
ImageImage  

i was inspired by the black background, white text, white border around the image and burger theme!  alas, i have no burger king photos  😁
This is perfect!  I love your fun paper and all those great patterned strips!  Nice work with the ad!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

rkokes wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:01 pm
I did one photo, with the title on the photo, and used blue, orange, and red as my main colors.  I also wrote my journaling below the photo and took inspiration from the "have it your way" slogan.
Really fun design!  Love all the colors!

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Sharmankp wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:55 am
Inspired by the colors and the happy smile on the Kool-Aid pitcher!Image

Great use of the ad colors, and I love those grass strips!

Kayla S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 216

Post by Kayla S. »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 10:35 am
ImageImage  

i was inspired by the black background, white text, white border around the image and burger theme!  alas, i have no burger king photos  😁
this is so fun!! I love your burger theme!!! You nailed this challenge :-)

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1360

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Laura wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:35 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:26 pm
I had the 1970s Burger King ad and used the colors - primary colors and black & white - as my inspiration. I also used Stacy's Early Bird tag on here :)

That time that Aisling was on Google Maps as she came off the school bus and saw the google car!

ImageImage

This layout is fun!  I love your design!  What a memory! 

How could I not commemorate this? This is what scrapping is made for LOL! She's running as usual, we're at the school bus stop, in front of our pediatrician's office!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 719

Post by Karyn_Sue »

Here's mine. I'm a 50's Baby Boomer so I used the Koolaid ad for inspiration. I was inspired by several things. First - the various shade of orange that all blend together - the background paper is all shades of orange. There is also a hint of green in the ad, and likewise this paper has just a hint of green in it. Finally, the simplicity of the ad - I kept the layout simple, just the pics, the title, a couple banner flags, a small quote and 3 simple embellies.
going, going, gone
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

I was born in 1964 so I got this one:
I really could have done a lot with this because both my Dad and I worked for Bell Labs which is the same parent company as Western Electric. However, this would have involved looking through my basement for slides of photos and then scanning them in and I ended up not having time for that. So, I made a card. I was inspired by the grid background, the colors, and a telephone.

thanks for a great challenge.

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

silvia2
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 52

Post by silvia2 »

I was inspired by the phone receivers and the blues and greens of some of the telephone receivers.

Jessica Haab
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 58

Post by Jessica Haab »

80’s Ad Inspiration…used the end of surfboard shape, the citrus in the ad, the summer time feel.
mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Post by mrozwood »

I'm a product of the 80s!

The kids are comfy......

~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2024”