Re: All the new Cherry tarts???

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

scrapy1967 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:37 pm
Florac74 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:20 pm
scrapy1967 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:08 pm
I’m not a newbie but took a short hiatus when I realized I could paint. I have been taking lessons for a couple years now. If there’s anything you’d like to know about me ask away. 

Oooh I love painting as well!! Glad you found a new passion. Its always so much fun! 

Please share some of your work! I love seeing others!

I finally have my craft space done. So I will get to painting again soon 😁
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 501

Post by SandyJay »

🍒 Stick around, the fun doesn’t end with NSD!!!!   🍒
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

amysolovay wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:08 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:39 am

Nice to meet you, too!!! (⁠✷⁠‿⁠✷⁠) I honestly love it here!
Oh and yes! Lol I "cheat" sometimes, too! Lol! Years ago I bought paper pads that a grunge/mixed media feel to them, and I STILL have a few sheets left! Funny how some things just stick with us!! Lol mixed media just feels right most of the time! And those Vicki Boutin papers are Soo awesome! Lol I'm ALSO in love with 49 and Market papers; if I had more technology right now (ie, a working computer and printer) I would probably spend just as much printing my own! Lol!
Oh and I'm all about stamps, too!! LoL! I spent a good chunk of my tax money on stamps haha! You know my reasoning was all, oh, I'll be able to use these forever!! (⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠) of course, I'll pick up stencils, too, whenever I get the chance lol!
Welcome to ACOT!! It REALLY is a blast around here!

YES to 49 and Market, too!!!! They are one of my top favorite manufacturers! I have several favorite designers of scrapbooking supplies, and Katie Pertiet is one of them -- I love every last collection she designed for 49 and Market, and also the collections she designed for Simple Stories when she was working with them (Coastal, Simple Vintage Seas, etc).

Katie makes a lot of the same collections available in digital format, too, so lately I messed around with digital scrapbooking a bit. Her website was really helpful for that. Ultimately decided that I prefer physical scrapbooking because I like getting messy with inks and paints and stamps, but I will have to do some of my scrapping digitally (the journaling in particular!) if I hope to finish all the projects I have started in this lifetime. Also, I am planning to use digital washi tapes and "epoxies" because the real-life versions don't hold up well in the long term, in my experience. So I am doing a lot of my projects hybrid style now.

What stamp sets did you end up getting recently? Which ones are you most excited about, and what have you been making with them?

I used a 49 and Market stamp set to make a couple of the NSD pages for challenges this past week. Some of them I didn't get a chance to actually photograph and post, so I will have to get them uploaded ASAP.

Lol I'm late with my reply lol!!
I LOVE 49 and Market everything! Lol!
I will have to go check out your gallery! I love going through the gallery! Lol! I get so MUCH inspiration that when I do it at home I usually have to stop and start getting creative!!
I used to do hybrid stuff when I had a computer and printer - it's a long story but right now I've got a laptop that needs a new battery lol! And my phone lol which I use for everything these days! I gave my mom old computer to try to fix or just get as much of my files and photos off of there as she can. It's rather old anyway and eventually I'll get a new one! I do miss doing digital work!

Oh new stamps are from so many different companies - Taylored Expressions, Tim Holtz, Studio light- just to make a few. (Ummm I went way over budget! Lol!) I love stamps! (Sometimes I even carve my own though it's been a while lol!)
I love to create my own embellishments and backgrounds with them, and to use them in my mixed media art! And coloring them, of course! During NSD I pushed myself to use a lot of my older supplies and that included my stamps!
Lol speaking of NSD, I'm glad you found us here!! It REALLY is a great community!
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

ACOT is such a beautiful community!!

ImageImageImageImage
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 131

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

I still consider myself a newbie here.  I found ACOT and made my first order with them back in Sept. of 2022.  I discovered and joined the message board way back then, but quickly forgot about it.  I started becoming more active on the message board by November of 2022.  I have been crafting for as long as I could hold a crayon and started out in the scrapbooking world.  I used to be a consultant for Creative Memories back when my kids were younger.  I've scrapbooked over 20 albums and then discovered stamping and card making.  My kids are grown now and married and we just welcomed our first two grandchildren into the family late last year.  I started my crafting blog in July of 2012 (Crafting While I Wait) and I kept a primitive blog prior to that.   I still maintain my crafting blog and have done some design team work for a couple of companies.  I would love to have you stop in to my blog for a visit.  If you have a blog, I'd love to come visit, so leave me a message and I'll stop by!  I've really been enjoying this message board and connecting with all you talented and sweet cherries.  What a fun place to hang out!
Last edited by Birgit55~Chickadee on Mon May 22, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1174

Post by Rachel Kent »

Thank you all for being here - newbies and oldies! :) I always love reading your stories and how you discovered ACOT. I love that you're here creating, inspiring, and connecting! Just warms my heart, and I'm sure makes my mom smile from above too  💗

Here's a little bit about me!
I am one of the owners here at ACOT - we lost our mom in 2018, so my siblings and I were business owners overnight. It took us awhile to get our bearings, but we are proud of where this company is going! In 2019 my husband Matt came to work here, and is now the CEO. I love working with him! I am the marketing director, do a lot of behind the scenes work, and get to play with all the new products (which is my favorite part!) I work late into the night most nights since we have three young kids (7, 5, and 2) that keep me busy during the day. I do get to be in the office though a couple days a week and try to squeeze in as much as I can then. Most of the time I don't even feel like I'm working because I LOVE this job and this company, and especially this crafty community. 

I LOVE all kinds of crafting - I do embroidery and painting at home, and all kinds of paper crafting and art journaling when at ACOT. I had to separate these somehow so I didn't have to keep bringing stuff back and forth ha! I always have a thousand projects going at once, and another thousand in my head. It's creative chaos and I love it :)

Again, thank you all for being here! 
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia

Birgit55 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 6:53 pm
I still consider myself a newbie here.  I found ACOT and made my first order with them back in Sept. of 2022.  I discovered and joined the message board way back then, but quickly forgot about it.  I started becoming more active on the message board by November of 2022.  I have been crafting for as long as I could hold a crayon and started out in the scrapbooking world.  I used to be a consultant for Creative Memories back when my kids were younger.  I've scrapbooked over 20 albums and then discovered stamping and card making.  My kids are grown now and married and we just welcomed our first two grandchildren into the family late last year.  I started my crafting blog in July of 2012 (Crafting While I Wait) and I kept a primitive blog prior to that.   I still maintain my crafting blog and have done some design team work for a couple of companies.  I would love to have you stop in to my blog for a visit.  If you have a blog, I'd love to come visit, so leave me a message and I'll stop by!  I've really been enjoying this message board and connecting with all you talented and sweet cherries.  What a fun place to hang out!

I will have to check your blog out. I'm fairly still a newbie as well!! I found ACOT through watching Rachel and Jessica doing mix media. That lead me to the boards, the challenges and so much more since then. I have been crafting off and on for the last twenty years. I did allot of digiscrapooking, on many design teams and dabbled a little in design myself. I had a blog and working on starting a current one as we speak. I might message you for pointers 😁 since I've been out of the blogging game for a bit.

ImageImageImageImage
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia

Rachel_K wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:32 am
Thank you all for being here - newbies and oldies! :) I always love reading your stories and how you discovered ACOT. I love that you're here creating, inspiring, and connecting! Just warms my heart, and I'm sure makes my mom smile from above too  💗

I am one of the owners here at ACOT - we lost our mom in 2018, so my siblings and I were business owners overnight. It took us awhile to get our bearings, but we are proud of where this company is going! In 2019 my husband Matt came to work here, and is now the CEO. I love working with him! I am the marketing director, do a lot of behind the scenes work, and get to play with all the new products (which is my favorite part!) I work late into the night most nights since we have three young kids (7, 5, and 2) that keep me busy during the day. I do get to be in the office though a couple days a week and try to squeeze in as much as I can then. Most of the time I don't even feel like I'm working because I LOVE this job and this company, and especially this crafty community. 

I LOVE all kinds of crafting - I do embroidery and painting at home, and all kinds of paper crafting and art journaling when at ACOT. I had to separate these somehow so I didn't have to keep bringing stuff back and forth ha! I always have a thousand projects going at once, and another thousand in my head. It's creative chaos and I love it :)

Rachel thank you for sharing your journey with us and your family continuing your mother's legacy. ACOT is a beautiful reflection of your family and ACOT family. Its an absolute joy to be here! I love it here!! ❤

ImageImageImageImage
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 131

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

Florac74 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 2:14 am
Birgit55 wrote:

I will have to check your blog out. I'm fairly still a newbie as well!! I found ACOT through watching Rachel and Jessica doing mix media. That lead me to the boards, the challenges and so much more since then. I have been crafting off and on for the last twenty years. I did allot of digiscrapooking, on many design teams and dabbled a little in design myself. I had a blog and working on starting a current one as we speak. I might message you for pointers 😁 since I've been out of the blogging game for a bit. 
Feel free to message me any time, and share your blog address when it goes live so I can be one of your first followers.  <3 

Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia

Birgit55 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:12 am
Florac74 wrote:
Birgit55 wrote:

Feel free to message me any time, and share your blog address when it goes live so I can be one of your first followers.  <3 

Aww thank you 😊

ImageImageImageImage
amysolovay
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 33

Post by amysolovay »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 10:45 am

Lol I'm late with my reply lol!!
I LOVE 49 and Market everything! Lol!
I will have to go check out your gallery! I love going through the gallery! Lol! I get so MUCH inspiration that when I do it at home I usually have to stop and start getting creative!!
I used to do hybrid stuff when I had a computer and printer - it's a long story but right now I've got a laptop that needs a new battery lol! And my phone lol which I use for everything these days! I gave my mom old computer to try to fix or just get as much of my files and photos off of there as she can. It's rather old anyway and eventually I'll get a new one! I do miss doing digital work!

Oh new stamps are from so many different companies - Taylored Expressions, Tim Holtz, Studio light- just to make a few. (Ummm I went way over budget! Lol!) I love stamps! (Sometimes I even carve my own though it's been a while lol!)
I love to create my own embellishments and backgrounds with them, and to use them in my mixed media art! And coloring them, of course! During NSD I pushed myself to use a lot of my older supplies and that included my stamps!
Lol speaking of NSD, I'm glad you found us here!! It REALLY is a great community!

I'll look forward to seeing your projects with the new Taylored Expressions, Tim Holtz and Studio light stamps. I will take a peek at your gallery momentarily to see what you've been up to! :)

I just recently bought my first Studio Light stamp set here at ACOT -- had never heard of them before that, and I was so excited to find them!!! The stamp set of theirs that I bought has a ball of yarn plus knitting needles, plus a knitted fabric texture -- love those designs so much!

And also included in the stamp set is an image of an old-fashioned lantern. Well, I have huge plans for that lantern stamp. My husband and I lived by the light of oil lanterns for more than five years while we were out sailing. Every night at sunset, we'd light the lanterns, and the light from them would be so cozy in our boat. It was lovely! So I need to stamp some lanterns on my pages! So excited about it!

I'm not very familiar with Taylored Expressions; I'll have to take a closer look at their supplies. Thanks for mentioning them!

I still use all my old stamps, too, the few that I kept. I used to have a massive collection of wood mounted stamps that I loved soooo much. I resold all of those before we went sailing. I miss them, but I am glad they went to a good home; I doubt they'd have survived that trip in good condition. I kept my decorative scissors and hand punches, and the hand punches all rusted while they were aboard our boat. They still punch, but they look pretty scary, haha.
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!
amysolovay
Cherry Blossom

Post by amysolovay »

Birgit55 wrote:

Hi Birgit! Nice to "meet" you. Thanks for sharing your blog address! I dropped by and left a comment. You remind me how much I used to love Creative Memories supplies, back in scrapbooking's heyday.
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!
amysolovay
Cherry Blossom

Post by amysolovay »

Rachel_K wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:32 am

Hi Rachel! It's lovely to "meet" you! I am so sorry about your mom's passing -- how awful! I am really glad you and your siblings decided to step up and continue the business rather than closing it. You are doing a fantastic job with it! Thank you for all you do to make amazing craft supplies available for us.

amysolovay
Cherry Blossom

Post by amysolovay »

Florac74 wrote:
Birgit55 wrote:

Flora, I look forward to checking out your new blog, too!

Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia

amysolovay wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:55 pm
Florac74 wrote:
Birgit55 wrote:

Flora, I look forward to checking out your new blog, too!

Thank you 😊

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”