<> Official Crop RULES <>

MamaK321
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1010

<> Official Crop RULES <>

Post by MamaK321 »

Welcome everyone and thanks for joining us for our Summer Crop!! We hope you're ready for FUN :-D

ACOT runs on EST. If you need a little help converting your local time to EST, use this clock
[blockquote]
As a gesture of common courtesy, and to allow everyone ample time in the “spotlight” (page 1 of the gallery), we ask that you do not upload more than 4 layouts per day. Thank You!
[/blockquote]the gallery will always have this friendly message across the top, about the upload limit per day. Of course a crop is a special circumstance and you can IGNORE it for this weekend.

I did not think that a message literally popped up disabling you from submitting additional entries. I could very well be wrong. If you are in fact getting an error message when attempting to upload more than the suggested daily limit, then you need to post in the website help forum so out tech guy can help you asap.

PLEASE NOTE--- RED X
the gallery has been acting funny and when uploading an image, it will appear as a little RED X instead of showing your image thumbnail. THIS IS OKAY! your image is uploaded correctly, there is just a problem with the thumbnail view during the submission process. CONTINUE to fill out your submission and click Submit. Your image should appear in the gallery just fine. I've also noticed that after clicking Submit, it will direct me back to the gallery homepage instead of the image I just submitted. To find your submissions, click on one of these links by the side:
My Albums & Submissions
My Recent Submissions
Before we can get to the fun stuff we have the boring old drill... the crop rules and general information. Please take a moment to read it through.

ACOT crops are open to all scrappers and welcome both traditional paper and digital entries.
Certain challenges may contain special requirements for one or both forms of scrapbooking, please read each challenges directions carefully.

Challenges

Layouts must be new, original creations by yourself, and must NOT have been previously published or entered in any other challenge or contest outside of ACOT.

Layouts can be any size you’re currently working on. Please, no smaller than 8X8.

Layouts must include pictures, unless otherwise stated.

Layouts cannot be entered into multiple challenges. Each crop challenge requires a new layout for submission. Entering multiple layouts into one challenge will not increase your chance of winning. Your name will only be entered once.

Each challenge will have a paper and digital winner, if applicable.

Each challenge will have a corresponding category in the gallery. Please pay close attention to where you are uploading your challenges. Your layout will not be eligible if it's placed in the wrong category.

Questions about a challenge should be directed to the Creative Team Member who posted THAT challenge.

All challenge layout entries are due by midnight, 11:59 PM EST, Monday August 30.

Fast Scraps

Fast Scrap challenges are mini projects that can be completed within the hour allotted at the posting of that Fast Scrap.

Entries must meet all requirements of the Fast Scrap as posted.

Entering multiple projects for a Fast Scrap will not increase your chance of winning. Your name will only be entered once.

Each Fast Scrap will have a corresponding category in the gallery. Please pay close attention to where you are uploading your project, it will not be eligible if it's placed in the wrong category.

Each Fast Scrap will have one winner, selected at random by the hostess.

Questions about a Fast Scrap should be directed to the Creative Team Member who posted THAT Fast Scrap.

No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.
Participants agree to abide by the terms and conditions as established by A Cherry on Top. A Cherry on Top reserves the right to qualify all submissions and to reject any submissions that do not meet the requirements for participation as established by A Cherry on Top. Entries void if A Cherry on Top determines the contest submission to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
Image Image
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Re: <> Official Crop RULES <>

Post by Ashjoy »

SCS is having a crop this weekend as well. Does that mean I can't post my lo's there as well? Or combine SCS and ACOT challenges?
Joyce 

MamaK321
Cherry Addict

Post by MamaK321 »

How do we make sure we upload to the correct location? I've not done this before.

1. click on the "community" tab above and select "gallery"
2. click "submit to gallery" on the upper right side
3. fill in the information (leave the "reveal date" blank)
4. you will see a list of challenges/fast scraps near the bottom... put a check mark in the box for the challenge you are entering
5. don't forget to upload the actual LO image before you click submit!
Image Image
MamaK321
Cherry Addict

Post by MamaK321 »

Ashjoy wrote:SCS is having a crop this weekend as well. Does that mean I can't post my lo's there as well? Or combine SCS and ACOT challenges?
hmmm, well ACOT requires fresh new layouts created for the challenges that you'll be given during our crop. If you happen to create a layout for one of ACOT's challenges and then later find that it fits a challenge at your other site... i guess you would be able to use it as long as your other site doesn't have their own rules as far as entries.

We ask that you create new layouts using the challenge criteria that we provide. We do not want people submitting old layouts or layouts that were used as submissions for contests or challenges outside ACOT. There have been instances in the past where we have caught users submitting layouts that had been submitted months ago to other galleries. Our goal is to inspire you to create many new layouts, often reaching outside your comfort zone to meet our challenge themes.
thank you for asking and I hope my answer helped :)
Image Image
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

Yup, they will be all new lo's as of today, Thanks!
Joyce 

Hudson
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 16

Post by Hudson »

Is everything due Sunday the 30th at midnight or Monday the 31st at midnight?
grirosa
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 91

Post by grirosa »

Is the uploading limit still on during the crop? I've tried to upload my last LO and the site does not allow it. Anny suggestions?
Griselda
Image ImageImage
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

grirosa wrote:Is the uploading limit still on during the crop? I've tried to upload my last LO and the site does not allow it. Anny suggestions?

Rut roh! Is it giving you a a specific "you've uploaded your limit" message? Or just generally not uploading correctly? We may need to let our tech guy know!
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

Hudson wrote:Is everything due Sunday the 30th at midnight or Monday the 31st at midnight?

Monday! You get the extra day to complete challenges. :-D
grirosa
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 91

Post by grirosa »

[blockquote]
grirosa wrote:Is the uploading limit still on during the crop? I've tried to upload my last LO and the site does not allow it. Anny suggestions?
[/blockquote]

Rut roh! Is it giving you a a specific "you've uploaded your limit" message? Or just generally not uploading correctly? We may need to let our tech guy know!

The message I'm getting every now and then is:

As a gesture of common courtesy, and to allow everyone ample time in the “spotlight” (page 1 of the gallery), we ask that you do not upload more than 4 layouts per day. Thank You!
Griselda
Image ImageImage
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee

Post by ScrapGoo »

grirosa wrote:[blockquote]
[/blockquote]

I will PM our tech guy Brandon and see if he can fix that... thanks for letting us know!
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

grirosa wrote:[blockquote]
[/blockquote]

I keep getting the very same message - and it won't upload my photo.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

MamaK321
Cherry Addict

Post by MamaK321 »

the gallery will always have this friendly message across the top, about the upload limit per day. Of course a crop is a special circumstance and you can IGNORE it for this weekend.

I did not think that a message literally popped up disabling you from submitting additional entries. I could very well be wrong. If you are in fact getting an error message when attempting to upload more than the suggested daily limit, then you need to post in the website help forum so out tech guy can help you asap.

PLEASE NOTE--- RED X
the gallery has been acting funny and when uploading an image, it will appear as a little RED X instead of showing your image thumbnail. THIS IS OKAY! your image is uploaded correctly, there is just a problem with the thumbnail view during the submission process. CONTINUE to fill out your submission and click Submit. Your image should appear in the gallery just fine. I've also noticed that after clicking Submit, it will direct me back to the gallery homepage instead of the image I just submitted. To find your submissions, click on one of these links by the side:
My Albums & Submissions
My Recent Submissions
Image Image

Return to “Summer Crop 2009”