Challenge #7

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Challenge #7

Post by Art_Teacher »

Tribute to a Teacher Challenge

Since I am back to school, I have it on the brain. It is a fairly thankless job, as far as my students go. After teaching for 17 years, I am starting to have students who come back and tell me that I helped them in some way. It really makes me feel good and I think all teachers deserve to know how their influence has made a difference. We all have them, teachers who have influenced us at some point in our lives. For this challenge, I want you to pay tribute to a teacher and how he/she has influenced you, or your child. This doesn't have to be your favorite teacher, just a teacher that affected you somehow. Your layout must include journaling! If you have a photo, that is great, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Here is my example:

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Re: Challenge #7

Post by beachlover »

what a great idea! since its been soooo long since I have been in school, I doubt I can find a pic, but I have a few good ideas!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

allysonc
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 150

Post by allysonc »

Hey Laura! *hugs* My cousin has been an art teacher for so many years.. She retired but went back to school and has been teaching some private lessons as well. She is such an influence in her town/community. You really remind me of her. :) Glad your here girl! I hope your going to do the art in the gallery game?!? I LOVE THAT GAME!
Ally
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

I scanned a pic from my yearbook!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

What a perfect challenge! I'm going to keep it for when I get my scrappy stuff back and make this LO! I have the perfect teacher in mind....he was amazing.
ImageImage
Image Image
c4kelly
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 24

Post by c4kelly »

Great challenge! I have a perfect pic of dd and her pre-k teacher for this. Wonder if I can get her to stop torturing our kitten and help me? LOL
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

At first I thought this would be hard, because I hate journaling. But then I began to think about the teachers in my life and realized that I have so many teachers who were great, especially my German teacher. She really saved me from a horrible high school experience. I am so grateful to her.
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I'm done, I'm off to get some pictures printed. I need to pick up a micro - SD card for new phone. My first pictures of the first two LO's I've done are awlful, you can see my shadow. It all will make it easier to get them from phone to computer. The kids don't have a digital camera or it is not here. And DH has my cameras at the ranch....GRUMP.

MY teacher is slightly different type of teacher! :-D
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

Oh, I love this !!!! I have the PERFECT teacher to do this about. And, great tip about scanning a yearbook photo
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

What a great challenge and I just want to say thank you for all that you do. You have a hard job and an important job. Teachers are so under paid and not appreciated in the moment like they should be. It's not until much later in life that we realize what special people our teachers really were. They gave of themselves far beyond what we understood at the time. {{HUGS}}
Image ImageImage

Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

This is my tribute to my Danish teacher

ImageImageImageImageImage

c4kelly
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 24

Post by c4kelly »

Here's mine:
JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

That's a hard one...I'll have to think about it.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 917

Post by jcsmaestra »

This is a tribute to my first piano teacher, who greatly influenced me.
Journaling: I began music lessons at the tender age of 6. Timid and serious by nature, I discovered that intense concentration and uncompromised discipline were essential traits; I possessed them. He was an old-world master of music, complete with baton and metronome. Through my childish eyes he appeared a relic, with yellowing grey hair, sagging face, paunchy stomach. He forced the development of my sense of self-discipline and responsibility; he would neither allow nor accept a mediocre performance. He recognized the talent within me and helped me to discover it.

Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

Here's mine
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

The most emotional challenge I participated in was this one! Once again being in Angleton I have few supplies, the rest are at the ranch. The only picture I knew I had of a teacher was up at the ranch..... I just thought well maybe I have one stashed in the couple of hundred still here. Nope but I did find a post card from Glennloch Farms they would have sitting at their stalls. I've others stashed somewhere with my very favorite Arabian Stallion Sakr.

But when I saw the post card I started to cry. I told you emotional for me. Tom wasn't just my trainer, he was so much more. When I was a teenager he was bigger then life......to me on the level of a movie star. I was in love with Arabians....I studied the breed when there was nothing to do. I memorized bloodlines, I studied the pedigrees and the pictures of horses in them to understand what bloodlines did what to get a show champion. I never stopped reading about them. Then at the age of 16 Tom entered my life. I went to a the Gulf Coast Arabian Horse Club Competitive Trail Ride. When I rode in at the half way point there was Tom motioning to me, he was the only open team to do my vet check. I was so floored I couldn't speak. At the end of the check I went back to him as instructed. He took Koki's vitals, looked at the sheet showed it to the vet. Gave me a leg up and looked up at me and said, 'Your mare is in wonderful condition.' All I could softly mutter was a thank you. I stayed silent next riding next to my mother on the trail for at least an hour. It was as if the heavens opened up to me, one of the greatest trainers in the Arabian breed just paid "Me", paid me a complliment. Years later I sat at lunch just after Mom buying her first straight egyptian mare from Tom & Rita I asked Tom if he remembered a grey mare with a young teenager that hardly said a word to him and the mare was in wonderful condition and gave him the year. He said yeah, that mare was incredible on her stats. One of the best I've ever seen on any ride. I said that was me. He looked at me and said really, yeah it was me. Shortly after Tom became my trainer. I learned more from Tom about horses then any other person I every had contact with.

As in the caption of my photo in the Gallery, Tom was more then just my trainer. He was everything to me. And I miss him so very much. Tom, I know you and Sakr are together again, riding the meadows together with both of you smiling. I can't wait to join you both with my horses waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

My tribute to a wonderful man who gave me courage to believe in myself and my abilities with horses when I was but 16.

I used Basic Grey Recess Line of Papers because he was my teacher, mentor and friend. The mare he is riding is the beautiful Nihal imported from Egypt and I remember Tom's wife Rita showing me Nihal on the one trip I made to Glennloch when it was in Spring, Texas. The flower is for the mare as she was a beautiful Chestnut mare with wonderful refinement. Tom and Rita both had a sentiment for older things especially their genealogies. So I distressed the title.

Return to “Summer Crop 2009”