***New Cherry Questionairre***

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***

Post by VickiR »

jwilliams74 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:19 pm
Hello! I'm new to the message board! So excited to find this...was looking for a "community" to play along with (by play I mean scrapbook/craft). I took Facebook out of my life for my mental health but truly miss the online crops. So - was SUPER EXCITED when I came across this today. 

How did you find ACOT?? 
A friend told me to shop here a few years ago. I have definitely done some shopping here!  ;)

What technique would you like to learn?
layering stamps

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
Ooof...this is a hard one. For one pager - 1-3'ish; two pager - 4-10

Are you into digital or paper layouts?
Paper 

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
I am working on heritage albums as well as some random everyday photos!

Do you have your own scrap room?
Yes (SO GRATEFUL)!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? 
Yes! Quite a few...love them!

What gives you the creeps?
Snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
Lately - a night-owl...perimenopause is doing a number on me.  ;)

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
Moscato
Welcome to the message board, Jwilliams!  Always a fun time here. 

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

MaganL wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:08 am
How did you find ACOT??
I found it last year at NSD weekend!

Not anything new really, but I wish I had more time to play with mixed media.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Anywhere from 1-5

Are you into digital or paper layouts?
Paper only

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I’m working on an aquarium layout

Do you have your own scrap room? I do, but it doubles as our guest room. I hardly ever scrap there because I scrap in the evenings while my family is watching TV together in the living room. I want to be with them so I have a little desk in the living room that I use most often.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I do online challenges here, but I’ve never been to an in person crop. I live in Asia and no one really scrapbooks here.

What gives you the creeps?
Large spiders here in Taiwan

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
Early bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?
I don’t really have one of those, but I love coffee.
Hi Magan!  Nice to see you back again!

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

Kaleman119 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am
How did you find ACOT?? 
 I've been shopping ACOT for a few years. I think I found it through Google. However, I just recently found the message board! 

I'd like a class on layering. The how's, what's, and the when's.  How many photos do you usually place on a layout?

I typically do between 1-3 Are you into digital or paper layouts?

Paper! I've got to be able to feel it!  What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

I just finished scraping a photo of my girls when our youngest was born.  Do you have your own scrap room?

I do! It's in our game room.  Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? 

I've done some online classes but not necessarily a crop.  What gives you the creeps?

Snakes  Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?

I'm a mid-dayer... I'm at my best between 11am and 2pm. Outside of that, there's no guarantee what you'll get.  What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

Crown and cranberry!!
Welcome to the message board, Kaleman119.  We are a friendly group and it's always a fun time.

Kaleman119
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 8

Post by Kaleman119 »

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:32 am
Kaleman119 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:38 am
How did you find ACOT?? 
 I've been shopping ACOT for a few years. I think I found it through Google. However, I just recently found the message board! 

I'd like a class on layering. The how's, what's, and the when's.  How many photos do you usually place on a layout?

I typically do between 1-3 Are you into digital or paper layouts?

Paper! I've got to be able to feel it!  What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

I just finished scraping a photo of my girls when our youngest was born.  Do you have your own scrap room?

I do! It's in our game room.  Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? 

I've done some online classes but not necessarily a crop.  What gives you the creeps?

Snakes  Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?

I'm a mid-dayer... I'm at my best between 11am and 2pm. Outside of that, there's no guarantee what you'll get.  What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

Crown and cranberry!!
Welcome to the message board, Kaleman119.  We are a friendly group and it's always a fun time.

Thank you so much! I have found that to be true so far! :greeninlove:

meh
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 21

Post by meh »

Thanks!
I forgot to mention that I use ‘meh’ because those are my initials and I get a kick out of the sentiment meh 🤷‍♂️
meh
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 21

Post by meh »

Thank you. I've been having fun already.
PEIhaven
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by PEIhaven »

I found ACOTSHIP by fortunate happenstance! They not only have the paperpad I needed, put several other items. I would like to color better (really). I have only worked on paper layouts and am currently working on a seasonal journal. I do have a craft room, but my husband occasionally shares it.🥹 I have watched online crops, and any venomous creature is creepy to me. I am an early bird, and my 5 o’clock beverage is iced tea.

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”