Which kit club is the best and why?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

docsquared
Cherry Tart

Which kit club is the best and why?

Post by docsquared »

I am considering joining a kit club as a holiday gift to myself this year and am wondering which kit club is the best and why? Historically, I am a scrapbooker (primarily family/boys/travel) but have recently been making more cards (for gifts) after being on a partial hiatus for about 18 months. Can't wait for my upcoming 3 1/2 day scrap camp. Image
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2436

Re: Which kit club is the best and why?

Post by joannie »

I found a link to a discussion we had awhile back. Hope it helps ya! & welcome to ACOT!!!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=256761&p=4827168&hi ... b#p4827168
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
docsquared
Cherry Tart

Post by docsquared »

Thank you, Joannie!  I've also seen kits from BG and Scrapbook & Cards Today, so I think I will just have a little fun and go check all of them out, including my favorite manus. 
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I was with Studio Calico for 3 years. Left and went to Hip Kit Club and I will never go back. Great products, fantastic customer service, quick shipping and great packing. 
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Post by beachlover »

I was with one kit club for over a year where I had to pick my kit each month - if I didn't (I forgot a lot), they'd send the "kit of the month" - there was not a lot to choose from and I ended up cancelling but before my time was up...  never did get some  back I believe they owed me for a couple missed months; cannot remember the name cuz this was before I really found ACOT - I still have about 15 kits collecting dust

I tried Studio Calico and Cocoa Daisy a few times here and there; great stuff but a bit pricey

I am probably going to avoid the monthly stuff from now ion; would rather spend my  at ACOT anyway!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I  canceled my sub with Cocoa Daisy and decided to  make my own kit here. I can get a lot more stuff and pick it myself.With shipping being so much it just was not a good deal for me.
ImageImage 

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2842

Post by shoorn »

I was in Basic Grey's kit of the month through another web site for 4 or 5 years. I loved it - usually got lots of product - could do 2 page layout and a card plus I still had scraps left over to use. It was pricey after a while and I started wanting different manufacturers. I have a few that in my closet but have intentions of doing them all. I did the Paper Wishes kits too for a couple of years - I have a lot of them gathering dust  but am starting to use them again. The papers are thinner so I use cardstock as a base. I have bought some kits through Scrapbook Generations on sale (not in their club) and wasn't overly impressed with them - lots of white (neutral) cardstock and just a few pieces of pp that have to be cut in specific way in order to use for their sketches. I like some of their sketches.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

Birds of a Feather is a great kit stuffed with loads of product all coordinated for you plus she offers add ons at very reasonable prices.  I know the owner personally and she has integrity that many kit club owners lack.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1384

Post by Sara Scraps »

I have subscribed to three. Gossamer Blue, Felicity Jane, and Studio Calico..Gossamer Blue was okay but I much prefer to just buy the lines I like at ACOT, Studio Calico is just awful! I can't wait till my subscription there runs out..nothing matches, goes together in those kits, they are all funny colors, products, and they give you an alpha with just ONE of each letter of the alphabet. ummmm.......and they don't have the best designers..I have actually been considering taking the money hit and cancelling early. I LOVE my Felicity Jane kits. I use them up every month. And almost everything in the kits are exclusive to the kit, designed by the owner and she is wonderful!
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

I started a sub this summer with Hip Kit Club and so far LOVE everything about it.  Awesome designers with some fabulous process videos and the Customer Service is top notch. Of course that hasn't stopped me from ordering from ACOT. I've already placed two substantial orders this month in addition to the monthly Envie I participate in!  Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1384

Post by Sara Scraps »

emmapaige wrote:I started a sub this summer with Hip Kit Club and so far LOVE everything about it.  Awesome designers with some fabulous process videos and the Customer Service is top notch. Of course that hasn't stopped me from ordering from ACOT. I've already placed two substantial orders this month in addition to the monthly Envie I participate in!  Image
I keep hearing awesome things about Hip Kits...I think I need to try them after my sub with SC is gone....and I agree I don't think anything would ever make me NOT order at ACOT!
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

JulesinParadise wrote:Birds of a Feather is a great kit stuffed with loads of product all coordinated for you plus she offers add ons at very reasonable prices.  I know the owner personally and she has integrity that many kit club owners lack.
I can't wait until I get some play money again. I just checked out her kits and love them! Image
docsquared
Cherry Tart

Post by docsquared »

Thank you all so much! I haven't shopped for a couple of months, but will NEVER stop shopping at ACOT. I think I will also take a look at Hip Kits. Thank you all for your  feedback. Hope you all have happy holidays!
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

I use my creative scrapbooks, http://mycreativescrapbook.com/ and have for a few years.  almost all my layouts come from this kit.   for me it is worth the money as they send a lot of coordinating stuff and not just one line.  each month has alphas and embellishments.
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I guest designed for thescraproom recently and they have a great assortment each month
http://scrap-room.com/
Also boysrule have a boy oriented kit I believe
http://boysrulekits.com/

Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

anazelia wrote:I use my creative scrapbooks, http://mycreativescrapbook.com/ and have for a few years.  almost all my layouts come from this kit.   for me it is worth the money as they send a lot of coordinating stuff and not just one line.  each month has alphas and embellishments.
I have a subscription there.  I like them, but I wish there was more diversity in their products instead of just sending an entire line of something.  I can go buy that myself.   I guess I just have had a different experience.  They do send coordinating things, but it all seems to be from the same line.  I like clubs that have fun embellishments, etc.  I agree about Studio Calico, too.  Maybe not my style, but some really odd stuff in there...maybe on the other end of the spectrum!  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

scrappininAK wrote:I guest designed for thescraproom recently and they have a great assortment each month
http://scrap-room.com/
Also boysrule have a boy oriented kit I believe
http://boysrulekits.com/

I belonged to The Scrap Room back in 2005.  I LOVED their kits.  There was not a whole lot of leftover to feel guilty about. 
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Return to “General Debate”