Texas Cherries ok?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Texas Cherries ok?

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

So I saw on TV how Houston had a tornado, and there's been power outages and flooding in the areas. Just wanted to make sure you all were doing ok!
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2131

Re: Texas Cherries ok?

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I was wondering the same thing! I hope everyone is ok. 
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2439

Post by emmapaige »

Ditto. I saw that there were tornados and major power outages. I hope and pray everyone is safe.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1774

Post by aheatfan »

Sending good thoughts your way Texas Cherries. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Thinking of our Texas Cherries!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2028

Post by MTCanuk »

Hoping our Texas Cherries are all ok!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 60

Post by Kelly R. »

I'm on the west side of Texas close to the border of New Mexico.  We got  some much needed rain over the past two days.  Houston got slammed pretty hard.  Sending thoughts and prayers to my Texas neighbors.

:) Kelly 
Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 169

Post by Mommyof5 »

phones, wifi, power, etc is out in many areas.  I had to come into work with no power, but Airport has all...of course.  Some places were hit bretty badly...tornados were out and about on a stroll or something last night.  Me and mine are all good...but many aren't.  just driving through my neighborhood was insane.  A tornado hit at the end of my road and went the other direction.  Crazy night. 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

Kelly_R wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:36 pm
I'm on the west side of Texas close to the border of New Mexico.  We got  some much needed rain over the past two days.  Houston got slammed pretty hard.  Sending thoughts and prayers to my Texas neighbors.

Kelly--i am north and a bit east of you in...Childress!  yes we have had some rain  I feel for the Houston area :(
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1781

Post by CarrieG »

my prayers go out to my down south neighbors...I know our weather here in my part of TX can get scarrrrrrrrry but I cant imagine it happening in more populated areas!  HUGS
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

Huge powerline down about twenty minutes down the road from me. Lots of trees down. My power went off and on throughout yesterday. The rain and wind was so bad. I just hunkered down in my bathroom with the fur babies until it passed. It was not a fun experience but thankfully we are all okay.

My friends down the road five minutes finally got their power back. My poor mom southwest of Houston lost power, internet and so many trees down. All the businesses around her still doesn't have power. It's going to be a rough storm season in Houston. We are already dealing with so much flooding. It took years to recover from Hurricane Harvey.

I feel so bad for my neighboring cities dealing with flooding and tornado warnings. 😕
Last edited by Mycreativerootscrafts on Fri May 17, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia

Mommyof5 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 pm
phones, wifi, power, etc is out in many areas.  I had to come into work with no power, but Airport has all...of course.  Some places were hit bretty badly...tornados were out and about on a stroll or something last night.  Me and mine are all good...but many aren't.  just driving through my neighborhood was insane.  A tornado hit at the end of my road and went the other direction.  Crazy night. 

I'm glad you didn't get hit by that tornado. So crazy how close it was. I definitely felt it over my way. The winds were insane and the rain just didn't end. Stay safe out there! So much debris from all the down trees.

ImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Mommyof5 wrote:

Oh my! Tornados are no bueno. Glad you're okay
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Florac74 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 pm

Huge powerline down about twenty minutes down the road from me. Lots of trees down. My power went off and on throughout yesterday. The rain and wind was so bad. I just hunkered down in my bathroom with the fur babies until it passed. It was not a fun experience but thankfully we are all okay.

My friends down the road five minutes finally got their power back. My poor mom southwest of Houston lost power, internet and so many trees down. All the businesses around her still doesn't have power. It's going to be a rough storm season in Houston. We are already dealing with so much flooding. It took years to recover from Hurricane Harvey.

I feel so bad for my neighboring cities dealing with flooding and tornado warnings. 😕

OMG! That is a horrific scene for sure. I'm so sorry y'all had to experience that. ((HUGS))
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:37 pm
Florac74 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 2:14 pm

OMG! That is a horrific scene for sure. I'm so sorry y'all had to experience that. ((HUGS))

Thanks Brandy. I'm glad y'all aren't getting hit by this craziness.

ImageImageImageImage
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Mommyof5 wrote:

That is so scary! I'm so glad you and your loved ones are safe!  
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:51 pm
my prayers go out to my down south neighbors...I know our weather here in my part of TX can get scarrrrrrrrry but I cant imagine it happening in more populated areas!  HUGS

So happy to hear you are safe!  I knew you weren't near Houston but still................geeze!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 427

Post by Mathandlit »

Luckily my area has avoided the worst of it, but for a few weeks there it seemed like we had tornado watches and warnings almost daily. 

When I moved to Texas from Ohio, I remember getting a concerned phone call from my parents when a hurricane was forecasted to hit Texas. I live way up in the northern part of Texas and had to remind them that I live like 3 "Ohios" from the gulf lol.
Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 60

Post by Kelly R. »

CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:49 pm
Kelly_R wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 1:36 pm

Kelly--i am north and a bit east of you in...Childress!  yes we have had some rain  I feel for the Houston area :( 

I had to look up Childress.  You're on the border of Oklahoma.

Yes, Texas is quite big.  We barely get any rain here in my area.  The South by the Gulf of New Mexico gets a lot of storms/hurricane damage.  I feel for everyone going through this.  Please stay safe and take care of all your loved ones.

:) Kelly 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 508

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Mommyof5 wrote:

I'm glad you're okay! The videos I saw were awful!

Return to “General Talk”